Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 2

Almost 2 weeks, and I realized that for now, I really like the people there. The environment is young and the people there are helpful. There are no political "turmoil" in the department. LOL what a strong word to use though I wish to experience it one day. What is the feeling and ways to handle this kind of environment. Haha.... Nevertheless, I am so thankful that I am in the good kind of working environment. Though the job nature can be sometimes taxing, but I like it at least for now. Working hours (11-8) is quite ideal for me as I can do a little bit of room keeping before going to work. Yeah, everything is FOR NOW because I can't see what can happen in the future. I hope to get my PR soon too so that I can plan, maybe some part time job on weekend?

Next year, the whole 6th to 9th floor of the bank will be shifted to Changi Business Park. Its gonna be quite costly for me compared to the current expenses. But it will be fun cos it is near the airport which I like. I enjoy seeing aircraft fly.. Thanks to Calvin's influence that keep telling me his flying experience whenever we meet.

I realized too that ever since working, I am able to control my money better and also a better disciplined person. I am quite surprise that I able to cap myself at 5 dollar perday and sometimes even lesser. Good way of saving money though the food that I eat are not so healthy but I have no choice at least for the first three years.

I hope I am able to persevere and be more persistent. Thank God for carrying me through that I am able to start my career.

To reflect back, for the past 3 months, I really had been to many interviews - MOE, SIA, Keppel, Recruit Express, DBS, Standard Chartered, OCBC, UMC. All of them had turned me down and I guessed is my fault too due to my inexperience in interview. I had really learnt alot from all my mistakes.

Well, tomorrow is Friday, I guess every working fellow will be looking forward this day because is gonna be weekend and I am not working on Monday because China is celebrating Mid Autumn festival and is a public holiday for them. Plan to go to NUS.

No comments: