Monday, September 1, 2008

First Day at work

This is my first day at work, first day stepping into an office of a bank that in charge of transactions that cost millions of dollar. All I heard from colleagues are, life is very stressful, have to work long hours especially month end. Well, for me, I guess is fine since I have nothing to do also when I come home early.

Guess, a spectacle is needed for me since I need to sit in front of the comp for super long hours and the challenge that I give myself is the efficiency to complete the pile of transactions that coming in from the 6 branches in China namely Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjing, Guangzhou, Hangzhou and Dalian on time and fast.

They used a lot of abbreviations which I need to pick up ata very fast pace.
The staffs here are nice. I was introduced to all the supervisors and managers as well as team leaders from other countries.

I was attached to a senior who has been here for a year. We seemed to talk about our background when we had lunch. And surprisingly, she was from NUS and ARTS fac too but majoring in SOC. She graduated in 2004.haha...All in all, a good start for me and hopefully I am able to type fast like the rest...

No comments: