Saturday, November 22, 2008

I had cleared all my leaves. My 3 days of leaves has been pretty boring. I stayed in Singapore for the entire weekend and 3 weekdays which happen to be my leaves.
Having errors while doing processing has been normal to me already. The weird part is, it seemed that I am entirely to be blamed for the error when there is adjustment to be done. Then what about the one doing the final check. I realized is my error due to my carelessness and I am trying to minimize it whenever possible.

On the first day to work after my leaves, I was pretty worry that when I reached, my supervisor or so will come and inform me to leave immediately due to a huge retrenchment that take place in the company. In the news was reported that in Singapore, there is only 300 out of the 9000 employees. Hardly to say, almost 1/3 out of the business groups of the company need to be retrenched. But luckily it has not happen to me. Still, all of us are in fear to see when the wave is hitting our department. Hopefully it will be stopped by the intelligence of the big boss to change the direction of the company. Imagine, the price of the share when I first joined was at 20+ has hit the lowest of 4.25 pershare.

And yesterday, there is a bazaar held by one of the committees in the company. The goods sold range form the colleagues used cosmetic to music cds. It is said that the proceeds will go to the charity. It is rather weird to see when the clothes you purchase are your colleagues' one.

I have gotten my PR. I did the formality on one of my off days. It took me only an hour as I had prepared all the needed documents and had them in order to be presented to the officer. I was given a temporary slip with my IC number and I am suppose to collect the card only on Wednesday. The number is pretty nice and easily I can remember it. The last 4 digits happen to be my friend's car plate number. How coincidence is it..

I am attending my colleague's wedding dinner today at Novo hotel at Clarke Quay. Will be going with Kelly who is staying at Pasir Ris too since she asked me in the afternoon. Rather awkward, when I am going with Kelly who is not the Kelly from my hall. Will be meeting the rest at the train station before going in together. Anyway, is my first time attending wedding dinner in Singapore. Pretty curious at the event setup. How is it going to be different than in Malacca? I will know it later.

No comments: